Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thinking Italy...and Finally Writing it All Down

After ten years of relentlessly pursuing any information I can find on current Italian life, I am finally live with the Thinking Italy website. We have recently returned from our 6th trip to Italy as a family, and things are really starting to click for me. Culturally and logistically, I’m trying to figure out how things work there so I can blend in better when we’re there. We have the extraordinary benefit of having some great friends who are native to Italy, and who still live in Milan and Rome. You would think that that lucky circumstance would make learning about Italy very simple. But Italy is far from simple, even when lifelong friends with fluent English skills are explaining it to you. As I figure things out, and then after I am corrected by my Italian friends after I think I have things figured out, I will record as much as I can here.

No comments:

Post a Comment