Monday, May 18, 2009

Prassi = Normal Procedure

As rule-oriented as I am, it's kind of funny that it has taken me 9 years of (admittedly intermittent) Italian lanugage study to run across this word in my Webster's New World Italian English Dictionary: prassi. It apparently means "normal procedure".
It sums me up in a way that is both comfortably reassuring and mildly unsettling.
I battle each day in my job to be completely reliable and consistent, above reproach, but my outside-of-work commitments don't always get the same treatment. Such as my on-and-off dedication to learning the Italian language...or my workout routine so that I could actually shop in those Milanese and Fiorentino designer shops...or my sputtering drive to become an internet entreprenuer.
Prassi. I should apply it just as evenly to the things in my life that matter to me besides my regular paycheck.

No comments:

Post a Comment