Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cortona, Italy - Tuscan Sun Festival

Like so many Americani e Ingelsi, Cortona, Italy is idyllic to me.

It's romatic hilltop location, dreamy olive groves and vineyards, ristoranti incantevoli (charming restaurants), and ancient stone architecture lend themselves to fantasies of days that could be spent in the leisurely pursuit of nothing in particular.

I came across this article today from the intoscana.it website about the Tuscan Sun Festival in Cortona that is scheduled to happen tomorrow, August 7th. When I found it, I had to try to read it. My Italian is not yet up to the task to get every morsel out of the article, but my imagination could fill in the blanks. Besides, how interesting that famed actor Anthony Hopkins should be participating this year.

I hope you enjoy the article.
And, if you should be one of the obscenely lucky ones to be there, I hope you'll come back to this blog to tell me how wonderful the day was.

No comments:

Post a Comment